Can you believe it’s finally April? Where has the time gone?!
As part of this series, we will post a new interview with an amazing crochet blogger at the beginning of every month this year.
1. How long have you been crocheting?
The first time I picked up a hook I was around 9 or 10 and did small projects with my great aunt, but I really got into crochet about 8 years ago when my husband mentioned wanting an afghan. I haven’t really put the hook down since then.
2. What’s your favorite type of yarn to use?
I like to work with all kinds of yarn but at the moment my favorites are Knit Picks Brava Bulky and Mighty Stitch. It all depends on the project.
3. What’s your favorite type of hook to use?
I prefer Boye hooks but I bought my favorite hooks from Festival Hands on Amazon. They have a soft grip and keep my hands from aching.
4. Do you weave in your yarn tails as you go or save them all for the end?
I hate weaving in ends so I try to crochet over them, but I always leave a little bit to weave back and forth to kind of lock it in so it won’t come loose.
5. Do you have any fun projects coming up that we can spread the word about?
Right now I am just learning new stitches and working on new pattern collections but I always have something fun and nerdy on my mind!
6. What advice do you have for your fellow crocheters?
Crochet what you love, don’t be afraid to learn new things and practice, practice, practice!
Many thanks to Angela for participating in our Candid Crafters interview series!
Our next Candid Crafters interview will be on Monday, May 1st.